About me

My photo
Hi! This is Riz. An engineering student who takes passion in numbers and reading fiction novels from varying genres. Two different subjects, I know, but these two are my life. I'm also a blogger of Teen Readers' Diary from which I co-blog with my two best friends in High School and I hope you take your time on visiting our blog. Happy reading to all!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Review: Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs


My Summary:
Who wouldn't be shock if one day after a week of vacation from Greece your  widow Mom came home with a fiancé, will marry next weekend and you didn't know him at all?! that's impossible, isn't it? and that's what Phoebe Castro thought too and add the fact that they have to move to Greece and permanently live there. Although against her plans she let her Mom drag her from Southern California to the unknown island of Serfopoula in Greece, where she met her mean step-sister Stella Petrolas. And everything got worsed when she found out that the School she will attend to is no ordinary but a school for the Greek god's descendants. At the academy  she met Nicole Matios, Troy Travatas and the dashing Griffin Blake, the guy that always make her drool. She thought she knew everything about herself but gradually bits and pieces of it were reveal and her worse fear is could she handle it all?

My Review:
This is an amazing read for all ages especially it depicts the great story of the greek gods. I'm grateful that my English teacher made me report the Greek Mythology to our class so I have an ample background knowledge to it. This book is more like the self-exploration of Phoebe Castro towards herself--as she accepts the real reason of her Father's death, her relationship with her Mom, his boyfriend and other issues of the Teens these days---and the uncanny world she has to live in. This novel captured my heart because I felt the same emotion Phoebe had when she got separated from her two best friends. I'm feeling the same right now because my friends and I are going to different paths to pursue our chosen careers on College although I know we'll see each other again, someday. On the other hand, I'm quite fascinated on the characters mostly on which god they descended from, its as if their ancestor gods will symbolize for what kind of person they are. In general, this is a great novel to read and/or to understand better the famous literature of the greeks. Thumbs-up! 



-Bookadicea

No comments:

Post a Comment