About me

My photo
Hi! This is Riz. An engineering student who takes passion in numbers and reading fiction novels from varying genres. Two different subjects, I know, but these two are my life. I'm also a blogger of Teen Readers' Diary from which I co-blog with my two best friends in High School and I hope you take your time on visiting our blog. Happy reading to all!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green


Summary from Goodreads:
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical. Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.
My Review:
Will Grayson, Will Grayson is truly an extraordinary book that made me realized of two things: first, the difference of a person from another wasn't really negative as some of us always thought they were. Instead it gave us the luxury to be unique and be able to realize our talents and limitations as individuals and how we try to reach our dreams. Admitting this difference is a big leap to achieve what we wanted to be, but the path to it isn't the same when we try to pretend to be someone else. The idea of it is seen clearly when Tiny Cooper, Gideon and the other Will Grayson acknowledge that they were gays. Other people became barriers to others because of their insensitivity  of other's feeling. The second thing I realized was the act of simply falling in love and falling out of love made everything around us complicated but I think its just one of the things that all of us repeatedly leaped and the feeling made us all squeaky and above all, Alive. To sum everything up, its a must read book that everyone of us will surely like, it expresses the extraordinary personalities of the youth today. Great Book!



-Bookadicea

No comments:

Post a Comment